22 March 2008

Happy Easter

Not much to report this week. Myelitis was okay. No really major flare ups. I did my usual four workouts this week and I think I tore something in my knee on Thursday. "And the hits just keep on coming . . . " I don't know how much the sled weighs on the leg press, but I have been easily pressing 270 pounds of weight fairly easily. When I went on Thursday, there was already 270 on plus an additional 50. What's 50 pounds when it comes to the legs? On the third rep, a nice sharp pain behind my left knee. Took 140 pound off and kept going. Now it's just stiff and crunches every now and then. Not good.

Shots went well this week. I had a birthday party to go to last night. Throw in trivia and beer pong and it makes for a fun night. It's nice that my friends look out for me, because I got to drink one beer. Everything past that, nobody would let me drink. Shot nights and staying out late are not a good combination. About 11:00 the mild headache started and about 11:30 started the joint pain. I tried to hold on, but all I wanted to do was take some drugs and go to bed. When 12:00 came around, I had to go.

Such a drastic change from that former life I had. Stay out until 3 in the morning, go home, sleep for three hours, get up, play volleybal all day, get dinner, go home sleep for an couple hours get up and stay out until 3 in the morning again. Every Weekend.

"How the mighty have fallen"

No comments: