04 March 2008

"Taking The Sleigh For a Ride . . ."

For those unfamiliar with Saint Louis weather, it can turn on a dime. This weekend was awesome. Saturday it was in the mid 60's and Sunday was in the mid 70's. March was entering like a lamb only to be eaten by the lion. Monday . . . Ice. Tuesday 10+ inches of snow in about 5 hours.

Needless-to-say, traffic was a little insane. The main roads were a parking lot and the highways were a nightmare. At one point, MODOT wanted to close the highways due to so many accidents. With the accidents, they couldn't really plow the roads. Thankfully, none of that mattered to me.

I have what someone called an alpha male vehicle: 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha. During Christmas there was a Hummer commercial that showed a top down view of a Hummer zipping through the snow and the only caption was "Taking The Sleigh For a Ride." I took the highway home and out of 4 lanes, two or three had cars on them, so I made my own lane. It was awesome. It only took me 15 minutes longer than normal.

With the warm weather came activity. I was tapped to help a friend finish out his basement. Taking advantage of the weather, we peppered the volleyball around. It was the first time I touched a volleyball since September. It wasn't the best but it wasn't like it was the last time. The myelitis is still affecting my reaction time, my coordination was better, jumping though . . . lacking.

Last post I said I had a check up with my neurologist that would have been yesterday. Guy gene kicked in and the appointment wasn't yesterday. I didn't get the reminder call all of last week and for the life of me couldn't figure out why. After there was no call on Friday, I decided to check the appointment card. This Friday.

No comments: