19 May 2008

Less is more . . .

Not a lot to write for last week. After my running hurdle that I crossed, I fell off on everything else. Due to the crazy St. Louis weather of having rain at least twice a week, my intention to work out last Tuesday was cut short by the quarter sized hail that started just I was leaving. While the Hummer is solidly built, the roof is just as flimsy as any other car. Driving on the highway in a hailstorm . . . I love my truck more than working out. Then that set the tone for the rest of the week. I wasn't as sore as I thought I was going to be after the run and that was about the only good thing of the week.

I did run again today. It wasn't as bad as last week, save for the spastic muscles in my butt and thigh. But I toughed it out.

Shots I was a big baby. Usually, I do a couple of deep breathes and pull the trigger. Last week I was running a marathon. Stomach didn't hurt so bad, butt . . . not as bad as the previous weeks (I took the shot out the day before) my leg was best of all. Since that is where most of the myelitis is centered, I hardly ever feel it.

Artist of the week . . . Not so much an artist but a genre and all it's sub-genre's.

Paul Oakenfold and when he collaborates . . . Oakenfold, DJ Rap, Iio, Amber, Basement Jaxx, Frankie Knuckles, and the list goes on and on.

Any one reading this is probably going WTF? by now. To the uninitiated it's techno. To those familiar: house, trance, trance-hop, drum and base, and the list goes on and on.

When you lived the club life, it's the music that made you move. Plus, I think it would really cool to be a DJ. Especially when it's late, most of the crowd that is only there to be seen has left, and the DJ goes freestyle.

No comments: